Way back in September of 2010, I purchased a big piece of furniture at our local Goodwill store.
September 11th, to be exact.
I blogged about it here (scroll down through the post).
That big piece of furniture sat in our garage in it's original condition until April of this year.
Here is what it looked like:
In April, I finally had enough free time and good weather converge to go out there and start working on the piece.
On April 16th, to be exact.
The first thing I discovered was that the knobs were not removable; they were glued on, not screwed in.
The next thing I discovered was a pair of men's socks; they were stuck behind one of the drawers.
I guess this was used as someones dresser in it's former life.
After I sanded and washed the piece down, I put two coats of my favorite black paint on it.
After it dried for a few days, we brought it in and put it up against the 'new' wainscotted wall in the dining room.
It was supposed to be temporary, but it's still there.
And it's full to the brim with the china and dishes I took out of my other hutch when we started re-doing that room.
I think it's beautiful.
I wish I could get a good picture, but this is the best I've been able to do.
I'm pleased with my $37.50 buffet.
I'm glad I got it done before we had to celebrate a one-year anniversary of ownership.
I'm especially glad to have it done now, because Saturday we brought home 5 more pieces that need to be redone.