I don't know whether it was last summer or the summer before that my dear sister-in-love came for a visit and bought two beat up card cabinets at a garage sale and then decided she didn't want to take them home.
I do know it was the same summer we found a broken down cabinet at someone's curb and threw it in the trunk to take home and cannibalize for parts.
The card cabinets had been used as storage in someone's shop and were really dirty and rusty and chock full of old screws and bits and pieces of small hardware.
In the end, the broken cabinet had only it's four legs (with casters) which were worth keeping, so they have been sitting atop the card cabinets in the garage waiting.
This week, I finally finished up the project I had envisioned at least a year ago.
I'm not fast, but I'm slow.
Alas, I forgot to take any 'before' pictures.
Before I emptied, cleaned, sanded and spray-painted the cabinets and the legs, and before Prince Charming got them all assembled for me.
But, I did take some 'after' photos and I think my little Seester is going to like having this piece in her new industrial-look studio.
She makes beautiful glass mosaic art pieces, among other wonderful things, so she needs storage for all her supplies.
I hope she can use the special labels I made for this piece, because I made myself laugh out loud when I thought of them.
"F" is for "finished".